Chocolate Chip Cream SconesAdapted from: Cream Scones from the Art and Soul of Baking (page 152). This is a very good book - buy it on Amazonor find it in your library.
2 cups (10 oz) all-purpose flour
1/4 cup (1 3/4 oz) granulated sugar
2 1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 stick butter (4 oz) (cold, cut into pieces)
1 cup (8 oz) heavy whipping cream (cold)
1/2 - c. chocolate chunks
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 T sanding sugar or granulated sugar
1. Preheat over to 425 degrees
2. Mix together dry ingredients.
3. Using a pastry cutter, two knives or your fingers (I used a cheese grater), cut in the butter.
4. Add whipping cream and chocolate chips. Blend together quickly (I use my hands and/or a spatula). Do not overmix.
5. Shape into a round or square.
6. Brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with sugar.
7. Cut into shapes. Place on parchment or Silpat covered baking sheet.
8. Bake for 14-16 minutes until golden brown and delicious.
This was the perfect recipe to make after work, because it was simple and didn't take long to make. So, I didn't have to sit around waiting to devour these delicious little pillows of greatness!