Monday, February 7, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes with Ganache

I had the opportunity to make cupcakes for a co-workers birthday and decided that chocolate was the way to go.  You can't go wrong with chocolate!  I thought about frosting options, but didn't want to have to spend the time decorating the cakes.  I remember seeing a recipe on the food network once where they topped chocolate cupcakes with ganache.  Perfect!  Then, I realized that chocolate cupcakes with chocolate ganache will taste delicious, but needed a little something extra.  What goes well with chocolate?  Peanut Butter, of course!  So, I decided to make a peanut butter filling for the cupcakes.  I used the "Crazy Cake" recipe for the cupcakes, which is a recipe we grew up on.  It's "crazy" because it has not butter, eggs or milk in it.  It's CRAZY good!  Once the cupcakes were cooled, I piped the peanut butter filling into the middle and then made the ganache and dipped the top of the cakes into it.  These cupcakes are insanely tasty.  I have a feeling I'll be making this recipe time and time again.  Try them, you'll love them!

Peanut Butter Filling:
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 c. powdered sugar
milk





Cream the peanut butter and powdered sugar, add milk until it's to your desired consistency.  

Chocolate Ganache
1/2 c. cream
8 oz. semisweet chocolate (I used dark chocolate)



Add cream and chocolate together and cook over a double boiler.  Stir and cook until smooth.

Dip cupcake tops in the ganache and set aside to set and cool


No comments:

Post a Comment