Sunday, December 12, 2010

Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I tried Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies for the first time about a month ago and have thought about them several times since then.  I decided to give it a try!  I used the Nestle Tollhouse recipe, but made a few minor adjustments.  First, I browned the butter and then added it to the brown and white sugar.  I also, increased the amount of brown sugar to 1 cup and decreased the white sugar to 1/2 cup.  I wanted to use dark brown sugar, but didn't have any, so I added a tsp of molasses as well.  I accidentally added 3 eggs instead of 2 so I decided to make a more cakey cookie and added an extra 3/4 c flour as well.  These cookies turned out DELICIOUS!  The outsides are crunchy and the middles are soft and cakey.  You can taste the brown butter, which is carmel-y and rich.  Next time I make these, I'll try it with only 1 egg and the regular amount of flour, but I'm not convinced I'll like them more than this batch.  Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Love cookies with browned butter! The butter smells all nutty and when you add it to the sugar it smells like toffee. Yum. Now I want some.

    ReplyDelete