Thursday, May 26, 2011

Primal-Friendly Muffins


I was looking for a recipe for biscuits that I could eat and still stick to my new diet. I've had a craving for biscuits and sausage gravy for the longest time. I like fluffy biscuits, not hockey pucks, with my gravy, and it's been tough to find a recipe that looked like it would work. This recipe looked best out of the many recipes I went through.

I decided to try them out and was surprised at how fluffy they turned out. These "biscuits" have a texture more like muffins than biscuits. They are fairly delicate too, so I don't think they'll work for biscuits and gravy. They would, however, make really good cupcakes with some mini chocolate chips and a bit of sugar or breakfast muffins with some blueberries or currants.

So this recipe won't be the one I go to when I want biscuits, but I will keep it on hand for those times when muffins or cupcakes would hit the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment