Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tomato and Feta Baked Eggs

I was looking over recipes I've saved and found this one for Tomato and Feta Baked Eggs.  I've made this recipe before and decided to make some minor adjustments this time.  This recipe is from closetcooking.com.  It's supposed to serve two, but I made the entire recipe for dinner just for me!  It ws delicious!



Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion (diced)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
2 medium tomatoes (diced)
1/4 teaspoon oregano
salt and pepper to taste
2 T white wine
1 handful fresh herbs (chopped, I used dill and parsley)
1/2 cup feta (crumbled)
2 eggs

Directions:
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
4. Add the tomato, oregano, salt and pepper and wine and simmer until the sauce thickens, about 5-10 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and mix in the fresh herbs and feta.
6. Divide between two individually sized baking dishes, indent the centers with a spoon and crack the eggs into the indentations.  (I put everything in one oven safe bowl and made two indents for the eggs)
7. Bake in a preheated 425F oven until the sauce is bubbly and the egg whites have just set, about 8-14 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment