Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Chocolate Mousse

There are a few people at work that are changing their diets to eat more naturally, less sugar and carbs.  I love that there are several of us that can share delicious recipes.  I have to say that this recipe is the most genius recipe I've tried so far.  I love chocolate and jump at any opportunity to eat "healthy chocolate"!  At first when I was told about the main ingredient, I was hesitant to even try it because the main ingredient is avocado.  Who would ever think that avocado is the perfect dessert food?  This literally took me 5 minutes to make and I can't wait for it to be completely chilled so I can devour it!!  This recipe is from http://autonomieproject.wordpress.com/



  • 4 Ripe Organic Avocados
  • 1 Cup of Sweetener (Agave Nectar or Evaporated Cane Juice)
  • 1 Tbls of Pure Vanilla Extract
  • 1 Cup of Organic Fair Trade Cocoa Powder (or Carob)
Slice each avocado open and scoop out the insides. Place the inside in a food processor or blender. Next add the sweetener, vanilla, and cocoa powder. Blend or process the mixture until fully blended. The mixture should be smooth and the color of chocolate. You can instantly serve the mousse, however we recommend you let it cool in the fridge for at least an hour. Serve in cups with fresh fruit or mint. Some of our favorite fruits we like to add are strawberries, raspberries, bananas, and sometimes pineapple

No comments:

Post a Comment